The War Blog – Telegram
The War Blog
18.7K subscribers
547 photos
244 videos
1 file
284 links
Download Telegram
The War Blog
Photo
🇮🇱 🇵🇸 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇦🇺 🇵🇱 #Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said Israel's armed forces had "unintentionally" struck a convoy from the humanitarian group World Central Kitchen in #Gaza late Monday, killing seven aid workers.

All three aid cars were seemingly precision struck by IDF munitions, all at separate locations on the route.

"Unfortunately, in the last day there was a tragic case of our forces unintentionally hitting innocent people in the Gaza Strip," Netanyahu said Tuesday. "It happens in war. We will investigate it right to the end. ... We are in contact with the governments, and we will do everything so that this thing does not happen again."

Earlier, the IDF expressed "sincere sorrow" over the deaths while stopping short of accepting responsibility.

Three of the seven killed have been identified:

-Saif Abu Taha, a Palestinian driver and translator for WCK killed in the strike, was originally from Rafah, reports the BBC.

-The family of Lalzawmi Frankcom, a 43-year-old from Melbourne, Australia, confirmed her death in a statement, according to multiple outlets, describing her as a “kind, selfless and outstanding human being [who] travelled the world helping others in their time of need.”

-Damian Sobol, an aid worker from Przemyśl, Poland was another victim in the strike, as confirmed by Przemyśl’s mayor Wojciech Bakun in a Facebook post that referred to Sobol as a “fantastic boy.”

-Three British nationals, whose names have not been released, were also killed—U.K. Foreign Secretary David Cameron said that officials are “urgently working to verify” the information, saying also he spoke with Israeli FM Israel Katz to emphasize the deaths are “completely unacceptable.” (It is unclear if one of these was mistaken for Irish earlier)

-A dual citizen of the U.S. and Canada was also killed, according to WCK, no identity confirmed.
---
Geolocation by Bellingcat:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2024/04/02/strike-that-killed-world-central-kitchen-workers-bears-hallmarks-of-israeli-precision-strike
🤬21🕊17👍42👎2🤨2🤣1
🇮🇱 🇮🇷 #NEW #Israel is on full alert for Iranian retaliatory attacks in response to last week’s airstrike on a consular annex next to the Iranian Embassy in #Damascus#Syria, which left 11 dead, including high ranking IRGC officers.

So far, Israel has suspended leave for IDF combat units, called up reservists, temporarily closed several diplomatic missions abroad, and increased air defense measures as #Iran vows a “harsh” response. Via theatlasnews.co
16🤣13🤬1
Tehran Times Quds Day edition noscriptd “Storm is Coming”

Quds Day is an annual day of protest against Zionism and Israel that started in Iran and is held on the last Friday of Ramadan, which is tomorrow.

If Iran were to launch retaliatory attacks against Israel, tomorrow would be a highly symbolic day to do so
🥱37🤡12🔥6👍3🖕3🙏21
Anyone have any idea what the middle gun is? Photo is of a TPNPB fighter in West Papua
🤔253👍1
🇮🇷🇮🇱🇺🇸 #Iran Has Asked the #UnitedStates to “Step Aside”, Attack on #Israel Expected Soon:

On April 6, the President of Iran’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Political Affairs, Mohammad Jamshidi, wrote on X that Iran had delivered a message to the #American government that asked them to “step aside” and that had “warned the U.S. not to get dragged into Netanyahu’s trap”, according to Bloomberg.

According to Jamshidi, the U.S. responded by asking Iran to “not hit American targets”. When asked about Jamshidi’s post, a spokesperson for the State Department told CNN, “We responded by warning Iran not to use this as a pretext to attack US personnel and facilities. We did not ‘ask.’”

A senior administration official described the US’ warning to Iran as: “Don’t think about coming after us.”

The Iranian government pledged to punish Israel for the recent killing of seven senior officers of the Islamic Republican Guard Corps at the Iranian consulate in Syria.

According to a senior U.S. government official, the U.S. is on high alert and is actively preparing for a “significant” attack that could come as soon as “within a week”, as reported by CNN. Via theatlasnews.co
---
Iranians burn an Israeli flag during a rally in Tehran on April 5, 2024, marking Quds Day and the funeral of members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps who were killed in a suspected Israeli airstrike on the Iranian embassy complex in the Syrian capital of Damascus. Photo by Majid Asgaripour/West Asia News Agency via Reuters
👀37🤡117👍3😐3🦄21🔥1
Footage taken by a #Russian drone purportedly showing a #Ukrainian Baba Yaga drone armed with some kind of automatic weapon.

We have seen photos of this before, but only during testing, where software modifications were done for targeting and recoil management. This appears to be the first time a drone armed with a rifle or machine gun has been deployed in a combat setting.

One could speculate the drone is being used to fly over Russian positions and trench lines to fire on troops, however, its effectiveness remains unknown. Via theatlasnews.co
---
The first video is filmed from a Russian drone. The first photo is from a Ukrainian military unit, and the second video is filmed by Ukrainian drone operators of a Baba Yaga using it drop explosives.

The next two videos show one attempt and one success by Russian drone operators to drop grenades onto a Baba Yaga. The last photo shows Russian soldiers with a shot down one.
17👍6
🇺🇸 #LasVegas Shooter Update – 3 Dead Including Suspect:

Three people have died after a gunman entered the offices of the Prince Law Group in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas.

The shooting reportedly occurred during a deposition, with the shooter killing two before ending their own life.

The shooting was reported at 1000 local time. Charleston Boulevard near Pavilion Center Drive has been closed to traffic due to heavy police presence. Las Vegas Metro Police have advised all civilians to avoid the area until further notice.

https://theatlasnews.co/brief/2024/04/08/las-vegas-shooter-update-3-dead-including-suspect/
😱163
🇧🇩 Chief Coordinator of #Bangladeshi Terror Group Captured

On April 7, the central committee Chief Coordinator for the Kuki-Chin National Front (KNF), Cheosim Bom, was arrested by the Rapid Action Battalion, an anti-crime and anti-terrorism unit of the #Bangladesh Police, as reported by the Dhaka Tribune.

The Kuki-Chin National Front (KNF) is a militant group that seeks to improve the rights and interests of members of the Kuki-Chin ethnic group. In their mission to accomplish this, the group is active in armed insurgency, extortion, clashes, and other violent engagements.

Cheosim Bom formed the KNF in the Bandarban region of Bangladesh, and he is related to KNF chief Nathan Baum.

The prior Tuesday, armed members of the KNF, attacked government officials and pedestrians, looted two banks, kidnapped a bank manager, and looted police firearms. https://theatlasnews.co/brief/2024/04/08/chief-coordinator-of-bangladeshi-terror-group-captured/
3
🇪🇨 Former #Ecuadorian VP Attempts Suicide in Police Custody:

Former Ecuadorian vice president Jorge Glas has reportedly attempted suicide through an overdose on medication while being held in a prison in Guayaquil.

Following the attempted suicide, Glas was reportedly transported to a nearby military hospital in a comatose state. The condition of Glas is currently unclear.

The attempted suicide comes after Ecuadorian authorities raided the Mexican embassy, which was in the process of granting Glas asylum, after an arrest warrant was issued against the former Vice President following his conviction on two separate charges of corruption.

Ecuadorian authorities stated this sought-after asylum was “not lawful” as the former VP had already been convicted on the charges established. The arrest follows an increase in tensions between the two Latin American nations, with the Ecuadorian government declaring the Mexican ambassador a “persona non grata,” requesting that the ambassador leave Ecuador “soon.”

https://theatlasnews.co/brief/2024/04/08/former-ecuadorian-vp-attempts-suicide-in-police-custody/
😁2
🇰🇷🇺🇸 #SouthKorea Launched 2nd Spy Satellite From #UnitedStates:

South Korea launched their second domestically built military spy satellite from a SpaceX 9 rocket taking off from the JFK Space Center in Florida on April 7th.

The rocket took off at 7:17 p.m. local time, with the first and second sections separating around 2 minutes and 18 seconds after launch.

This is the second satellite launched this year as South Korea plans to build five total by 2025, to monitor North Korea.

The satellite is equipped with a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) which can capture images regardless of weather. All five will be equipped with SAR.

Additional electro-optical and infrared sensors can take detailed images of the Earth.

When all five satellites are launched and active, they will be able to provide continuous coverage at two-hour intervals. https://theatlasnews.co/brief/2024/04/08/south-korea-launched-2nd-spy-satellite-from-u-s/
8👍3